The leather sofa should ensure room ventilation
Excessive dryness or humidity will accelerate the aging of the leather; secondly, do not place the leather sofa in direct sunlight, nor in a place directly blown by the air conditioner, which will harden the leather surface and fade.
Do not use soapy water to clean
Do not use soapy water, detergent, care wax, etc. to clean and maintain the leather sofa.
Cleaning products such as soapy water and detergent not only cannot effectively remove dust accumulated on the surface of the furniture, they are corrosive, which can damage the surface of the furniture and make the furniture dull.
At the same time, if moisture penetrates into the wood, it will also cause mildew or local deformation of the wood, shortening the service life. Many pieces of furniture are made of fiberboard machines. If moisture penetrates in, the first two years have not completely volatilized formaldehyde and other additives, so it will not become moldy for the time being. But once the additives volatilize, the moisture of the wet cloth will cause the furniture to become moldy. If the residents on the lower floors, the furniture in the home may be "mildew" every year.
Many furniture care spray waxing instructions indicate that it can be used to maintain leather sofas, causing many housewives to make mistakes. The salesperson in the furniture store knows that furniture care spray wax can only be used to spray the surface of wooden furniture, not on the sofa. This is because leather sofas are actually animal skins. Once the wax is sprayed on it, the pores of the leather products will become clogged. Over time, the leather will age and shorten its service life.
In addition, in order to make the furniture look shinier, some people apply wax products directly on the furniture or use them improperly, which will cause fog-like spots on the surface of the furniture.
Do not rub vigorously
The leather sofa is made of animal skin. It is like human skin. It needs meticulous care. Do not rub it vigorously when cleaning, otherwise, it will cause permanent damage to the leather of the sofa. Deformation, discoloration, peeling, etc.
Leather sofa maintenance
1. The leather has strong absorbency, so it should be protected against pollution. It is best to use leather softener once in spring and autumn. Do not rub it vigorously when wiping the sofa to avoid damage to the epidermis.
2. Wipe the sofa gently with a clean, dry soft cloth once a week. If there are stains on the leather, wipe off the remaining stains on the surface with a cloth or absorbent paper. After soaking a clean and dry soft cloth in a solution of neutral soap and water, gently wipe the stain from the inside to the outside, and then wipe Wipe it dry with a clean cloth immediately after it gets wet.
3. If there are holes, breakages, or burns, please ask professionals to clean them.
4. The leather sofa should be placed in a ventilated and dry place. It should not be wiped or washed with water to avoid dampness, mildew, and insects.
Leather cloth combined type sofa maintenance
1. Vacuum at least once a week, and pay attention to removing the dust in the dead corners and fabric structures.
2. If the mat can be turned and used, it should be turned once a week to distribute the wear evenly. You can also pat the cushions outdoors frequently to loosen the internal fibers and maintain the elasticity of the sofa.
3. If there are stains, use a clean cloth dipped in water to wipe off. In order not to leave marks, it is best to wipe from the outside of the stain. Velvet furniture should not be wetted, dry cleaning agent should be used.
4. All cloth covers and linings should be cleaned by dry cleaning, not washing, and bleaching is prohibited.
5. If you find that the thread ends are loose, do not pull it off with your hands, and cut it neatly with scissors.
Solid wood leather sofa maintenance
1. Avoid dampness and sunlight on the solid wood sofa. If you place it next to the window, set curtains.
2. Wipe with a dry cloth immediately after wiping with a damp cloth. Due to the different surface paint treatments of various furniture, different maintenance methods should be used. Waxing is a good maintenance method.
3. Clean the wooden sofa with neutral soap silk soaked in warm water (approximately 1:20 ratio) and wipe it, then wipe it with clean water, and dry it with a dry cloth to reduce the chance of stains stuck on the surface of the wooden furniture. You can also buy wood furniture maintenance oil spray, which has some protective effect.
Post time: 2020-07-21